Dolphins-Jets game: Fins fans question whether Miami is cursed
Preserve your head up, Fins followers. Photograph: The Boston Globe through Jim Davis/Getty Photos
It seems to be just like the Dolphins might make their method by one other disappointing season – a shame for a group that was solely thought of a possible Tremendous Bowl contender two months in the past.
- The Finns’ downfall has left followers to marvel if one thing sinister and otherworldly is at work.
Catch up quick: The Dolphins gave the impression to be making their strides once they completed November with a file 8-3, with two of one of the best receivers within the NFL this yr and younger quarterback Tua Tagovailoa proving the doubters incorrect.
- However Miami has misplaced their final 5 video games, Tagovailoa is injured and the group could miss one other season of the playoffs.
What do they are saying: Followers enthusiastic about what’s behind the group’s dramatic setback this yr could also be enthusiastic about unhealthy damage possibilities, unhealthy teaching, or perhaps… one thing deeper.
- Miami Herald columnist Greg Cote suggests: Possibly the entire group is cursed. The speculation goes that Finns bought their souls to the satan for back-to-back Tremendous Bowl wins within the ’70s, together with the group’s undefeated season in 1972.
Flashback: The Dolphins final gained a playoff recreation 22 years in the past. Jay Fiedler was their quarterback..
One other (semi-serious) principle: The group can change into hooked on desk tennis.
- After early losses motivated the gamers to take away the ping pong desk from their locker rooms, they gained 5 video games in a row. According to Sun Sentinel’s David Furones.
- They misplaced 5 in a row as a result of they purchased a brand new one.
Final: This Sunday Miami is in bother. With Tagovailoa again in concussion protocol and backup Teddy Bridgewater broken, the Dolphins’ playoff possibilities may very well be on Skylar Thompson’s rookie shoulders.
- To safe the ultimate playoff spot, Miami should beat the Jets and the Patriots should lose to the Payments, a group that has survived the emotional fallout of security. Vein Hamlin’s cardiac arrest Monday evening within the discipline.
Underline: As gamers from all around the league collect for the ultimate week of the common season, we’re left with yet another principle:
- Possibly it is only a take a look at of loyalty. Our hopeful prediction is the Payments will beat the Patriots, then the Fins will beat the Jets and take the playoffs by storm.
#DolphinsJets #recreation #Fins #followers #query #Miami #cursed